- Malignant Melanoma is increasing faster than any other cancer.
- One person dies from Melanoma every hour.
- Most prevalent cancer among women between the ages of 25 - 29.
- Second most prevalent cancer after Breast Cancer among woman ages 30-34.
- Higher incidence of Melanoma in men than in women.
- Past prevalence rates of individuals diagnosed with Melanoma were, 1/1500. When CCMAC was founded in 1999 the rates were 1/75. The American Academy of Dermatology reports the current rate is 1/67 as of 2003.
- In 2010 it is estimated that 1 in 50 persons will get Melanoma in their lifetime.
- Estimated number of new cases and deaths from melanoma in the United States in 2009:
- New Cases: 68,720
- Deaths: 8,650